I'm back, baby! That's right. This is your buddy, JFish, back for another season of college football. However, I'll be in a bit different capacity this season. Some of you may know that I host the wildly popular (or so I like to think) show, Fantasy Fastball, on GetSports Radio. Due to the fact that the Fastball show will be popping in from time-to-time throughout baseball's offseason, making it a year-round commitment, and some other writing commitments I have, I'm leaving the in-depth college writing to newbie, Scott Heckle, and others.
I'll be popping in once a week to deliver my personal Top 10 rankings (let's face it, if you're not in the Top 10 in the Bowl Crap System, you don't have a chance), and I'll also be reviving a segment from a show I used to host in the early days of GetSports Radio (College Football Weekly) called Dorm Room Notes. As always, no wagering. Enjoy.
Top 10 Power Rankings
1. USC: Sanchez's knee is fine. They rolled a very good defensive team in Virginia in their house.
2. Oklahoma: It was just Chattanooga, I know. But they have the best offensive and defensive line in college football. That will carry them through. As a Texas graduate, that hurt to write.
3. Georgia: Anymore injuries and these guys are toast. Look for them to fall as their brutal schedule kicks in.
4. Ohio State: With or without Beanie, they won't beat USC.
5. Missouri: Hanging 52 on Ron Zook's boys is no small feat. Giving up 42 worries me though.
6. Florida: Looked very good without Percy Harvin. Should be an interesting game this Saturday with in-state rivals, The "U".
7. LSU: Crowd didn't have the typical rowdiness, due to the early start time because of The German Hurricane. But the defending champs looked as rowdy as ever on the field.
8. West Virginia: Still have a big question about their defense. We all know they can score. They will get a great test Saturday vs. potential BCS buster East Carolina.
9. Alabama: That dominant display against a good Clemson team was impressive. We'll see if they can keep it up when SEC games begin.
10. Texas: Colt McCoy accomplished something only one other QB at Texas has accomplished: Passing for 200 yards, Running for 100 yards in multiple games. The other QB? "He who walks on water"; Vince Young. Horns should be undefeated until the Oklahoma game, as usual. Then all bets are off.
Dorm Room Notes
Congrats to ECU for outbeamering, beamer-ball
Clemson still can't win when it matters.
Pittsburgh continues to underwhelm, no matter how much preseason hype they get.
Auburn's offense still stinks, which is why they are not in my Top 10
Top 4 Potential BCS Busters: BYU, Utah, Fresno State, East Carolina