The Jay Cutler-Josh McDaniels drama is getting old in Denver. The two either need to kiss and make up or move on. Cutler is one of the best young quarterbacks in the game to say the least, but this whole thing is a bit childish.
Even worse is the fact that McDaniels is acting just as immature. If I am a Broncos' fan (and I am not), the team's new, young coach is on a very thin leash.
Cutler has not shown up for the team's voluntary workouts and McDaniels wants to meet without his agent.
According to the Denver Post, Cutler has been communicating with the coach via text message. I guess that is better than nothing, but still it's like two freakin' teenagers.
If something is going to shake down, it will before the draft.
Here are my picks for the best landing spots for Cutler should there be a trade...
1. NY Jets - Easily the team in biggest need.
2. Tampa Bay - OK, they could be worse off than the Jets. They could of have had in the 3-way trade for Matt Cassell to begin with.
3. Minnesota - Do you really think Sage Rosenfels is going to be the answer for the Vikings?
4. Detroit - They are sitting on the draft's top pick and desperate to win.
5. Chicago - Three words say it all...Kyle Freakin' Orton
MY TAKE: You don't trade a 25 year old franschise QB coming off a 4,500-yard Pro Bowl season under any circumstances, especially if he actually wants to play for your team as Cutler clearly had. While I think both deserve a fair share of the blame in the matter, I also think that owner Pat Bowlen deserves some criticism for his silence in the matter. He writes the check and at this point I think he needs to sit everyone down and work this out. Otherwise, Cutler is going to go all "T.O." on them.