Did you miss this week's Fantasy Playbook as I go on with Lance
McAlister on 1530 Homer the Sports Animal? Either way here's my notes
from the show...
TREND OR MIRAGE
QB Kyle Orton (multiple TD passes in 3 straight) – TREND
– The numbers might not stay quite at that right, but Orton has emerged as a starting fantasy option against the right match-ups, including Week 6’s tilt with the Falcons.
RB LaDainian Tomlinson (just one 100-yard game) – MIRAGE
– He started slow last year two; in fact, thru 5 games his numbers are actually better this year than they were last season at this point.
RB Ronnie Brown (6 TDs over past 2 contests) – TREND
– Before he got hurt last year he was fantasy’s top running back and he’s looking to be back at 100% and primed to make a run for the league-lead in TD’s.
WR Calvin Johnson (6 catches for 56 yards in last 2) – TREND
– With Dan Orlovsky likely taking over at QB this week, don’t expect the passing game to wake up for the Lions.
WR Randy Moss (112 yards, TD last week) – MIRAGE
– Trade him while he’s hot. Moss is going to be inconsistent all year long as he deals with the growing pains of Matt Cassel.
(ribs, ankle) – After watching their running back play through his ankle injury last week, owners had to cringe when they learned of Westbrook’s two fractured ribs he suffered on Sunday. Don’t bet on him playing.
(thumb) and Jeremy Shockey
(groin) – Both players could return this week. Colston participated in limited practice on Thursday for the second straight day. Shockey did that on Wednesday, but not on Thursday. Keep your eyes on both.
Jon Kitna (back)
– He appears unlikely to play on Sunday at Minnesota as he’s battling back spasms. Dan Orlovsky will likely get the nod in his absence and that is not good news for a struggling Lions’ passing game.
Buffalo, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tennessee
QB – David Garrard at DEN
: He’s starting to show progress after a slow start with 3 TDs and 0 INTs over his past two games, now he gets a Broncos’ D allowing 285 PaYd per game over the past month.
RB – Thomas Jones vs CIN
: The Bengals are allowing 4.5 yards per carry and have given up six rushing touchdowns and that makes this Jet ready for take off.
WR – Greg Camarillo at HOU
: He’s picked up 14 catches over the past three games and is suddenly looking like Chad Pennington’s favorite target. With a favorable matchup he’s worth a look, particularly in PPR leagues.
TE – Ben Watson at SD
: He has been slow to work his way back in the mix from injury and he plays the Chargers, who are allowing the most fantasy points to TE’s by more than double the next closest team.
DEF – REDSKINS vs. STL
: Washington has looked so good of late and now they a Rams’ offense that has allowed 13 sacks while only scoring 10.8 points per game through their first four contests.
**CATCH THE SHOW ON 1530HOMER.COM - Click on Thursday's 4:00 hour (4:30 weekly)**