Did you miss this week's Fantasy Playbook as I go on with Lance
McAlister on 1530 Homer the Sports Animal? Either way here's my notes
from the show...
TREND OR MIRAGE
--QB Ben Roethlisberger (4 games w/out 200+ PaYd) – TREND
– The Steelers’ offensive line is struggling and that is not giving him the time needed to make big plays. Expect TD passes, but not much yardage.
--QB Matt Schaub (only 4 TD passes in 3 games) – MIRAGE
– Three of those came last week. Houston’s offense is just getting going and Schaub has many multi-TD games ahead.
--RB Ryan Grant (43 carries for 94 yards over past 3 games) – TREND
– He’s getting close to getting the dud label, if Aaron Rodgers don’t play the wait will be over.
--WR Lance Moore (14 catches in past two games) – MIRAGE
– Don’t get me wrong he’s a nice bye-week filler, but long-term there are too many other options in the offense for him to keep up this type of production.
--TE Todd Heap (3 catches for 37 yards on season) – TREND
– Scrap Heap! That’s where this guy belongs. With Joe Flacco at the helm, the longtime fantasy commodity has proven to be useless.
Anquan Boldin (sinus)
– A devastating hit against the Jets fractured his sinus. It appears unlikely he’ll go this week, but the team will know more by the weekend. If he goes Boldin remains a must-start.
Aaron Rodgers (shoulder)
– It is looking like Green Bay will go with Matt Flynn this week and that means a downgrade for all Packers’ fantasy values.
– Willie Parker (knee) is expected to return following the team’s Week 6 bye and first-round pick Rashard Mendenhall (shoulder) has been placed on the I.R. and is out for the season. Look for Mewelde Moore to get the bulk of the action for now in Pittsburgh’s backfield.
Cleveland, Oakland, St. Louis, NY Jets
--QB Jake Delhomme vs. KC:
The Chiefs have only allowed 3 TD passes in 4 games, but don’t let those stats fool you. In many games they were blown out. With Steve Smith back in his flow, the Panthers passing game will be productive on Sunday.
--RB Earnest Graham at DEN
: Only the Rams have allowed more fantasy points to RB’s than Denver has and that should help Graham owners here.
--WR Bobby Engram at NYG
: He will see plenty of Matt Hasselbeck targets right off the bat and that means he’s worth a look for a flex option upon his return this week.
--TE Owen Daniels vs. IND
: Two straight games with at least 70 yards and at least three catches in every game is enough to make him a weekly starter.
--DEF Cowboys vs. CIN
: The unit has struggled for fantasy owners, but with the struggling Bengals’ offense heading to town and possibly without Carson Palmer, Dallas’ D look appealing in Week 5.
**CATCH THE SHOW ON 1530HOMER.COM - Click on Thursday's 4:00 hour (4:30 weekly)**